- Seminar: Indeed this Knowledge is Deen So Be Careful as to Whom You Take Your Religion From
- Audio: Politics, Western Democracy, Yasir Qadhi, and Tony Blair
- Politics, Western Democracy, Yasir Qadhi, and Tony Blair
- Lecture: Be Salafee upon the Path
- Benefit: Allaah Can Do Away with the Entire Creation If He Likes
By Abul-'Abbaas Moosaa Richardson
Excerpted from the audio lecture 'Speaking Decisively about the Qur’aan Being the Speech of Allaah' from the 'Aqeedah Class (Summer '07) based on the Haa'iyyah poem of the famous scholar Ibn Abee Daawood as-Sijistaanee
From the points discussed:
Clarifying the Ash'aree doubt concerning the ayah: Verily, this is the Word (this Qur'an brought by) a most honourable messenger [Jibreel (Gabriel), from Allaah to the Prophet Muhammad (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)]. (At-Takwir 81:19) Their claim that the speech of Jibreel is created and therefore the Qur'an is created and not the speech of Allaah!
The deficient nature of one who cannot speak and how this does not befit the Lord of Creation
Say (O Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam to mankind). "If the sea were ink for (writing) the Words of my Lord, surely, the sea would be exhausted before the Words of my Lord would be finished, even if we brought (another sea) like it for its aid." (Al-Kahf 18:109)
The full lecture explains the following lines of poetry from Ibn Abee Daawood's Haa'iyyah
(3) And say: Not a created thing is the Speech of our great King,
Such was the religious position of the pious ones (before us) who spoke well.
(4) And do not be a person who takes no position on the Quran,
As did the followers of Jahm, and they had been too lax (to take the right position).
(5) And do not say that the Quran is created, meaning: its recitation,
Since the Speech of Allaah, through its recitation, is made clear.
Summer Courses 2007 – Masjid al-Furqaan – Toronto, Ontario
Translated by Moosaa Richardson