RT @AbuHakeemBilal: Shk Abdur Rahmaan delivered a lecture around the importance of clinging to the Sunnah and then sat with students until …
By Abu Dihyah Dawud Adib
A lecture from the event, 'Pearls From the Foundations of Ahlul-Athar' in Toronto, Canada (2002). Abu Dihyah translates and explains one of the points from Shaykh 'Abdul-Maalik Ramadaanee al-Jazaa'iree's noble book. The topic of following the Qur'aan and Sunnah, in essence, being Salafee is discussed along with actualizing the verse in Sooratul-Fatihah, "Guide us to the Straight Way." (Sooratul-Fatihah, 1:6)
A lecture from the event, 'Pearls From the Foundations of Ahlul-Athar' in Toronto, Canada (2002). The topic of following the Qur'aan and Sunnah, in essence, being Salafee is discussed along with actualizing the verse in Sooratul-Fatihah,
"Guide us to the Straight Way." (Sooratul-Fatihah, 1:6)
The Q&A session from the recent event, 'Pearls From the Foundations of Ahlul-Athar' in Toronto, Canada. This session was conducted for the sisters in the community to put forth their questions on 'Aqeedah and Manhaj, at their request.
A multitude of questions were put forth concerning the supposed 'people of knowledge' in Toronto and the position of Basheer Shill being a Scholar:
1. The Imaam of the masjid that allowed filthy Shaytaan, Adnaan Aroor to lecture in Toronto after being specifically warned against such by the mashaykh and the tapes of the 'Ulamaa.
2. The one who allowed the books of Maududee to be sold and propagated on this masjid's website.
3. The one who implemented a ban on certain Salafee brothers entering his arooree masjid because they give naseehah to others regarding the books of the qutubee, Saalih al-Munaajid which are sold in his masjid.
4. The Imaam of the masjid which allowed Ja'amatut-Tableegh to vacation in his masjid calling to their bid'ah openly.
5. The Imaam of the masjid that brought Qutubee speakers from the Universities in Saudi Arabia.
6. The Imaam of the masjid that brought the fitnah-maker of Madeenah, Yaasir Qadhee to this city.
7. The ignoramus who criticized Shaykh Muqbil Ibn Haadee (Rahimahullaah), stating the he (Shaykh Muqbil) was wrong for his refutation of the Hizbee, Shareef Abdun-Noor.
And one could go on but for fear of exceeding the disk-quota for this email.
Aboo Dihyah, when confronted with the question responded:
"There are no Scholars in the west, the one-eyed man is king in the land of the blind! Because you have one eye you think he is a Scholars! No, there are no scholars in America or Canada!"
Stated Afraaz Baksh: “And I like to just to quote one incident happened recently in the Qur‘aan and Sunnah conference in Detroit last year. That Shaykh Usamah al-Qoosee (hafidhahullaah) have mentioned to us to his face. That in North America we have one who is regarded as a muhaddith and he is no other than our learned Shaykh and Imaam at this Masjid Shaykh Basheer (hafidhahullaah). When we have other person of knowledge saying about a person who is also knowledgeable, then we know that person satisfy the criteria to be called a scholar or an ’aalim in this deen.” [“Respect for the Scholars”, conference lecture, Masjid Khaalid Ibnul-Waleed, October 1999]