Topic-icon Explanation of the Duʿā "I seek refuge with Allāh and with His Power from the.."

• Umm Ṣafūra
  • Umm Ṣafūra's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #2869 by Umm Ṣafūra
Umm Ṣafūra created the topic: Explanation of the Duʿā "I seek refuge with Allāh and with His Power from t
From that which is said when performing Ruqyah upon the sick is the Ḥadīth that is authentically established in Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim on the authority of ʿUthmān Ibn Abū al-ʿĀs that he complained to Allāh's Messenger (ﷺ) about a pain he had in his body since he embraced Islām. So Allāh's Messenger (ﷺ) said to him:

ضع يدك على الذي تألم من جسدك وقل باسْم الله، ثلاثا، وقل سبع مرات: أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ وَقُدْرَتِهِ مِنْ شَرِّ ما أَجِدُ وَأُحاَذِرُ
«Place your hand at the place where you feel the pain in your body and say, 'Bismillāh (in the name of Allāh) three times, and say seven times, "I seek refuge with Allāh and with His Power from the evil that I find and that I fear'"»1

His statement: "From the evil that I find and that I fear" means from the evil of that which I find from affliction and pain, and from the evil of that which I fear, referring to that which I am afraid and apprehensive of.

This compromises seeking refuge from the pain from which he is suffering and seeking refuge from the pain that he fears will afflict him or he expects to afflict him in the future. So he [seeks refuge with Allāh] from his current illness becoming critical and intensifying.

This often happens to the person when he is afflicted with an illness, as he becomes worried and fears that the illness will become critical and that it will intensify.

So in this great supplication [the individual] is seeking refuge with Allāh from that.

[1] Related in Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim (no. 2202).

(Explanation of the Supplications for the Sick and Afflicted by Shaykh ʿabd al-Razzāq Ibn ʿabd al-Muḥsin al-ʿAbbād, [pages 11-12.])
Translation by: Abū Mūsá Raha Ibn Donald Batts
Reviewed and edited by: Ḥikmah Publications

May Allāh preserve them all.

www.troid.ca/forum/audios-and-transcript...h-his-power-from-the

Shurayh an-Nakha'i said: My wife died before me. I wish she could take from my life or that we died together. I have seen how men hit their wives. May my hand be paralysed if my hand hits Zaynab. |al-Ahkam 1/462|
Attachments:
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by Umm Ṣafūra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Umm YūsufyānUmm Ṣafūra
Time to create page: 0.467 seconds