Following the Qurʾān and Sunnah According to the Salaf
A lecture from the event, 'Pearls From the Foundations of Ahl al-Athar' in Toronto, Canada (2002). Abū Diḥyah translates and explains one of the points from Shaykh ʿAbd al-Mālik Ramadānī al-Jazāʾirī's noble book. The topic of following the Qurʿān and Sunnah, in essence, being Salafī, is discussed along with actualizing the verse in Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, "Guide us to the Straight Way." (Sūrah al-Fātiḥah, 1:6)
A lecture from the event, 'Pearls From the Foundations of Ahl al-Athar' in Toronto, Canada (2002). The topic of following the Qurʾān and Sunnah, in essence, being Salafī is discussed along with actualizing the verse in Sūrah al-Fatihah,
"Guide us to the Straight Way." (Sūrah al-Fatihah, 1:6)
The Q&A session from the recent event, 'Pearls From the Foundations of Ahl al-Athar' in Toronto, Canada. This session was conducted for the sisters in the community to put forth their questions on ʿAqīdah and Manhaj, at their request.
A multitude of questions were put forth concerning the supposed 'people of knowledge' in Toronto and the position of Bashīr Shill being a Scholar:
1. The Imām of the masjid that allowed filthy Shayṭān, Adnān Arūr to lecture in Toronto after being specifically warned against such by the mashaykh and the tapes of the 'Ulamāʾ.
2. The one who allowed the books of Maududee to be sold and propagated on this masjid's website.
3. The one who implemented a ban on certain Salafī brothers entering his Arūrī masjid because they give Naṣīḥah to others regarding the books of the qutubee, Ṣāliḥ al-Munājid which, are sold in his masjid.
4. The Imām of the masjid which allowed Ja'amatut-Tableegh to vacation in his masjid calling to their bidʿah openly.
5. The Imām of the masjid that brought Qutubee speakers from the Universities in Saudi al-ʿArabīa.
6. The Imām of the masjid that brought the fitnah-maker of Madīnah, Yasir Qadi to this city.
7. The ignoramus who criticized Shaykh Muqbil Ibn Hādī (Rahimahullāh), stating the he (Shaykh Muqbil) was wrong for his refutation of the Ḥizbī, Shareef Abdun-Nūr. And one could go on but for fear of exceeding the disk-quota for this email.
Abū Dihyah, when confronted with the question responded:
"There are no Scholars in the west, the one-eyed man is king in the land of the blind! Because you have one eye you think he is a Scholars! No, there are no scholars in America or Canada!" Stated Afrāz Baksh: “And I like to just to quote one incident happened recently in the Qurʾān and Sunnah conference in Detroit last year. That Shaykh Usamah al-Qūṣī (hafiẓahullāh) have mentioned to us to his face. That in North America we have one who is regarded as a muhaddith and he is no other than our learned Shaykh and Imām at this Masjid Shaykh Bashīr (hafiẓahullāh). When we have other person of knowledge saying about a person who is also knowledgeable, then we know that person satisfy the criteria to be called a scholar or an ’aalim in this dīn.” [“Respect for the Scholars”, conference lecture, Masjid Khālid Ibn al-Walīd, October 1999]